Tuesday, 18 August 2015

REVIEW: IN YOUR DREAMS (FACE DECORATION)



I'm going to tell you now that  this brand is going to appear numerous times on my blog. They sent such a beautiful array of products to try that I'm going to spread it over a few posts. As a festival goer, lover of summer and travelling... and a bit of a hippie, their temporary metallic tattoos and crystal face/body decorative stickies are right up my wild meadow! 


Last festival season we started seeing an increase in people sporting glitter, gold and silver temporary tattoos, face paint, bindis and such, but this year you are actually in a minority if your without any form of sparkly decoration. 


Bindi's had their moment in the 90's thanks to the likes of TLC and Gwen Stefani, so with the resurgence of that decade and it's standout style, it is of no surprise that everyone is embracing these pieces again. 


Today I chose to try out a Bindi Cluster first, which is a very reasonable £5.
Prior to this post I  was not sure I would wear the Bindi part of the set, purely because I have seen the comments that follow when other bloggers and celebrities have sported bindis, corn rows, native headdresses etc. 
We have seen the likes of Gwent Stefani. Pharrel, Kylie Jenner come under attack for what is call Cultural Appropriation.

I then read an article in Elle with by Zendaya Colemam. 

"You have to be very careful. Some things are really sacred and important to other cultures, so you have to be aware, politically, about these things before you just adopt them," the 18-year-old explains to Nylon. "In order to appreciate something, you have to know about it. You don't just wear something just to wear it—you have to understand the history behind it."

"I urge people to take the extra step of knowledge and learn about things. I'm someone who feels uncomfortable with things unless I know [about them]," she says. "I'm not going to try something unless I've taken the time and effort to learn about it. I just think with the Internet and the resources we have, you should do a little research."
Although I am aware that she doesn't speak for everyone,  after following her advice I felt a lot better about trying out the Bindi and urge everyone else that wants to wear one to take some time to look into it.


For those that decide they want to avoid any risk of offence the eye jewels look just as pretty on their own. They look like beautiful frozen tears and add a lovely ethereal quality to your look. 


They take a couple of minutes to get used to, but are way less distracting than a false lash. 


What's particularly great about this product is that even someone as awful at make up and beauty as me can apply is successfully. It helps that there is a diagram on the packet to help you with placement. 




You can re use these if you are vigilant about putting them back on the paper you peeled them off from. The stickiness level does reduce but you can always add lash glue or something, so you get as many uses out of them as possible! 











Here you can see the look that's illustrated on the packet - the two eye stone completed by the central Bindi. It's a more dramatic and glamorous look if you really want to make a statement.



I added Batiste Texture spray to my hair, random plaits and some 90's Blue mascara to embrace both a hippy and 90's aesthetic. These jewels would look beautiful if you opt for a more polished look to, perhaps for a wedding.









I can't wait to show you some more of their beautiful products over the next few weeks. Would you embellish your face? How do you feel about the nineties comeback?



Buy this set and similar products at...

SHARE:

No comments

© Sophie Eggleton. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig